Colloquio di lavoro in inglese: le 12 possibili domande e come rispondere
Se sostenere un colloquio di lavoro è generalmente stressante, affrontarlo in inglese può diventare motivo di ulteriore tensione e insicurezza.
Se ci si auto certifica un livello di inglese alto e non si è in grado di sostenere una conversazione disinvolta, qualsiasi altra informazione riportata sul curriculum potrebbe perdere di valore.
Di solito, le domande che mettono angoscia in una English job interview sono:
- Saprò capire le domande?
- Capiranno le mie risposte?
- E se non riesco a spiegare ciò che intendo dire?
Bisogna, quindi, prepararsi e cercare di sostenere questa potenziale opportunità lavorativa con tranquillità e sicurezza.
Regola fondamentale: Be positive, think positive and speak positively!…..and smile 🙂
Ecco le domande più comuni che vengono fatte al colloquio:
1. Why did you apply for this job?(Perché ha fatto domanda per questo lavoro?)
- I want to take on more responsibility…
- I applied for this position because it’s exactly what I was looking for and because I think I can bring so much value to the company with my knowledge, skills and experience
2. Tell us about yourself (Ci parli di lei)
- I was born and raised in …
- I have worked for 7 years as a …
- I have worked for several companies including …
3. Why did you leave your last job? (Come mai ha lasciato il suo precedente lavoro?)
- I revaluated my career goals and decided a change was needed.
- I had been with the organization for a number of years and wanted to experience a new environment to continue growing.
- I left for an opportunity to advance my career.
- I was no longer finding the work fulfilling or enjoying my work as much.
4. Tell me about your education. (Ci parli della sua istruzione)
- I attended the University of …
- I’ve just graduated from the University of …
5. What do you know about our organization? (Cosa sa della nostra azienda?)
- Your company has proven to be…..
- The company is famous for…..
6. How do you handle important decisions? (Come gestisce decisioni importanti da prendere?)
- I like to gather as much information as possible to aid in my decision, but I also consider how much time is available to me. Then I look at possible outcomes and the likely results of my decisions, and make the best choice for my team and my organization with the facts available.
7. What are your strengths? (Quali sono i suoi punti forti?)
- I’ve always been a great team player
- I believe my strongest trait is my attention to details
- I’m very good at multitasking/ at problem solving
- I pay close attention to my customer’s needs
- I am an excellent communicator
- I have very good time management skills
8. What are your weaknesses? (Quali sono i suoi punti deboli?)
- I always try to solve my own problems instead of asking a colleague who might know the answer.
- Sometimes I have trouble delegating duties to others.
- I become nervous when ….
9. What is your biggest accomplishment? (Quali sono i traguardi più importanti che ha raggiunto?)
- I believe my biggest accomplishment has been…but I am looking forward to doing other accomplishments in your company.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (Dove si vede tra cinque anni?)
- I’m looking to improve my skills as….
11. Why should we hire you? (Perché dovrebbemmo assumerla?)
- I believe I fit the job description well and that I have the skills and the kind of experience you were looking for.
- I should be hired because I’m …
- I think I am a great match for this position.
12. Do you have any questions for us? (Ha domande?)
- How soon do you expect to make a decision?
- Do you have a training and development program?
Aggettivi utili da usare quando si parla di se stessi:
motivated, patient, hard-working, optimistic, cooperative, focused, reliable, organised, determined, committed, proactive, flexible, creative, down-to-earth, responsible, approachable, enthusiastic
Per concludere, se non capite una domanda, don’t panic, chiedete semplicemente di ripetere la domanda:
- I am sorry, could you kindly repeat the question for me please?
- I do apologise, I didn’t catch that, could you be so kind and repeat the question for me please?
- I am so sorry, I didn’t hear the question that well, would you mind repeating it for me please?
In bocca al lupo a tutti! Good Luck!