Business communication skills empower your organization to build and maintain a strong global workforce and effectively manage talent to drive top-line performance and secure competitive advantage across language barriers.
To meet the demands of an international workforce, online language learning solutions provide a global solution to synchronize worldwide business communication skills.
According to the World Trade Organization (WTO), the proportion of non-native speakers in global 1,000 companies will grow from 30% in 1996 to more than 70% in 2011. Managing business communication skills today is key to a successful talent and performance development process in multinational corporations (Source: WTO).
Key benefits: corporate language training is key to global talent development
- One consistent global solution. Teach the same language standard to all employees regardless where they live and learn. Eliminate "bad instructor days" with a QA controlled global trainer team.
- No upfront costs thanks to advanced off-the-shelf and standard compliant learning technology.
- Reduce number of vendors and apply one global standard in business communication training with a globally accepted grading scale, assessment and teaching method for all languages.
- Increase motivation and learner retention. After introducing Speexx blended learning to 3,000 students at a global technology company the pass rate went up to 90%, the drop-out rate fell to 4.5%.
- Speed up time-to-value with faster start up and implementation through a scalable architecture, SCORM/AICC compliance and easy adaptation to all global talent development processes.
- Instant accessibility. 24/7 access to a global network of 1,200 certified online trainers worldwide with local expert support regardless of time zone or native language and coach response within 24hrs.
- Real business communication training with a clear focus on business correspondence, accent reduction and communication skills using supportive online tools and learning technology.
- Reduce turnover in key positions,
manage global succession plans, increase cross border communication productivity, and reduce the risk of non-compliance, litigation, and lost business reputation with a global approach to language training and communication skill development.
- Identify hidden top performers.
Language learning and skill assessment tools help find and develop "local heroes", so they'll be better prepared for cross border promotion.
- Reduce direct training costs and cut down on travel expenses and training-related workplace absence.
The economic case for languages: how to save $1,700 per employee
Research conducted by the European Commission Directorate General for Education shows that a significant proportion of European companies with a workforce of up to 250 employees are losing export business through lack of language and intercultural skills. Across a sample of nearly 2,000 businesses, respondents claimed an average loss per business over a three year period of $425,000 (€325,000) or more than $1,700 per employee. Clearly, the survey identified only those situations where companies were aware of the business lost or potentially lost. The study suggests that increasing investment to develop cross-border language skills would produce far-reaching economic benefits " not only with English but also with French, German and Spanish. (source: CILT, The National Center for Languages, www.cilt.org.uk).
The world's leading brands trust in Speexx to address their business communication needs in industries like technology & telecommunications, financial services, retail & FMCG, pharmaceutical & health care, travel & leisure and more.
What everyone's saying about Speexx
"It is not surprising that the Speexx program has won over a 100 awards and continues to add to its silverware. ”
US Language Magazine, Vol. 04/2010
"It has been a pleasure to work with such a professional team."
Jay Lombard, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited
"Speexx blended language learning is an essential part of the T-Mobile training program."
Ute Jamann-Makris, T-Mobile
What can we do for you today?
"Speexx is successfully managing all of the e-learning language training at Sanofi-Aventis."
"A productivity gain of three minutes saves a company with 1,000 employees at least $240,000 USD."
IBM white paper, "The value of e-learning", 2010 .